Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Kashmir's Nageen Lake has got a new look following the construction of a state of the art Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), and due to a cleanliness drive that has attracted tourists and received applause from locals. The Lakes and Waterways Development Authority (LAWDA) constructed the STP which has a capacity to treat 5.4 million litres of sewage per day. Saqib, a resident, appreciated the state ...
Jointly hosted by Sanya Tourism Development Commission and Sanya Tourism Association, the Forum for 2013 Sanya Tourism was held in Yalong Bay on May 16th. More than 120 hotel general managers, sales directors and other relevant people attended the meeting. The forum provides a platform for participants to exchange ideas and discuss the potential for the development of Sanya’s ...
Travelers head out of Chicago along Interstate 90 May 27, 2005 in Des Plaines, Illinois. Travelers heading out for the Memorial Day weekend may be facing pain at the pump but that won't stop them from getting in their cars.They just won't be heading to the airport.On Wednesday, AAA released its annual Memorial Day forecast, estimating that 34.8 million Americans will travel more than ...
1 hour ago At a time when the partisan divide in Congress grows ever wider, it seems there's one thing legislators can agree on: They're dead-set against TSA's temporarily postponed plan to let passengers carry small knives on board airplanes.On Wednesday, a bipartisan group of 145 members of the House of Representatives sent a letter to the TSA commending them for delaying the ...
Winds: From the Variable at 2 MPH
The Ice Storm [DVD]
In The Ice Storm we are shown with painful clarity just how cold the human heart can be and how we dont have to look very far to grasp this notion. In fact, we only have to glance in our own backyards, and we might be shocked at what we find. Set to an ethereal, haunting score ... ...
South Florida’s booming hotel market hit a lull in April, but stay tuned. The latest hotel numbers from Smith Travel Research mostly showed modest growth in the revenue South Florida hotels generated from their rooms, a big change from the double-digit growth seen during the high season of 2013. But with April a notoriously fickle month — spring vacation bookings tend to shift year ...
WINNIPEG - Temple Hotels Inc. (TSX:TPH) said Wednesday it has signed a deal to buy the Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites in Sherwood Park, Alta., for $15.15 million. The four-storey hotel has 90 rooms, including 69 standard rooms and 21 suites. The company said the purchase will be financed by the assumption of a first mortgage loan of $10.5 million and the balance in cash. The mortgage ...
Spirit Airlines came in last place in a Consumer Reports ranking of America's best airlines. These days when most airlines are turning people off with their excessive fees and crowded flights, Virgin America is getting some of the highest customer satisfaction scores any airline has seen in years. According to ...
Consumer Reports has shed some light on the variations of the flying experience that can be found on different airlines. The publication has ranked U.S. airlines from best to worst in its latest issue of Consumer Reports magazine. The rankings are based on a survey of 16,000 people conducted in February. The survey included questions about comfort, baggage handling, check-in service, fees, and ...
/enpproperty--> Chinese airlines haunted by poor punctuality will be forced to reduce flight and operating times, the top civil aviation watchdog said. The Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) will request that airlines with a flight delay occurrence rate higher than the industry average reduce the number of flights and shorten their operating time, Xia Xinghua, deputy director of ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Wyndham Miami Beach Resort
First impressions are so important for a hotel guest's stay. Ironically when one thing goes wrong early on inevitably a ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Travel TradeTravel Trade | Tourism & Travel News
Breaking news from the world of Travel and Tourism. This online newspaper has an extended scope, mainly focused on the trade. Topics include employment in the travel industry, launching of new flights or routes by airlines, planned hotel constructions, trends in the cruise industry, popularity of particular destinations and where tourists are headed. Also provides travel advisories, and government warnings on travel restrictions.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites such as tourism and travel periodicals, general media, and travel Web sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Travel and Tourism trade news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of travel & tourism industry news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Travel and Tourism trade website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Kashmir's Nageen Lake has got a new look following the construction of a state of the art Sewage Treatment Plant (STP), and due to a cleanliness drive that has attracted tourists and received applause from locals.
The Lakes and Waterways Development Authority (LAWDA) constructed the STP which has a capacity to treat 5.4 million litres of sewage per day.
Saqib, a resident, appreciated the state government's initiative, saying, it would boost tourism in the valley.
" Due to the cleanliness drive, we have seen an influx of the tourists as well; they have started coming in large numbers. Boat owners and locals are also benefited as they get jobs and their business is booming with the arrival of the tourists," said Saqib.
Afaq Rashid, a junior engineer, highlighted the advantages of using this technology over other STP's set up in different areas.
"This is SBR (Sequential Batch Reactor), which is fully automatic. As compared to others, this is a relatively small STP (Sewage Treatment Plant) but this has fully automatic technology, PLC (Program like control). Everything it does will be visible on a computer screen and the capacity of this plant is also different from the others," said Rashid. ...
- Brazils Embraer to sell 40 jets to US airline
- US Airways begins seasonal service to Shannon Ireland
- And the best and worst airlines in America are...
- Best Worst Airlines of 2013 Ranked by Consumer Reports
- Inside Money Wheelchairs on planes - it could be worse or more expensive
- Microsoft launches all-in-one home entertainment system Xbox One
- Unity Pitches Itself As The De Facto Standard With Free Gaming Engine For Mobile Developers
- N.H. House rejects latest effort to allow gambling
- Government sets $55.3m problem gambling strategy
- Preview Light Daylight and Eclipse at Mandalay Bay are ready to rumble
- Imran Khans PTI seeks pro-Taliban clerics help to initiate peace talks with outfit
- Brooklyn Beckham begins training with QPR following dads retirement
- Pak batsman Mohd Yousuf rubbishes media reports of retirement from intl cricket
- Country living far from an easy stroll for nations elderly
- Dakota County judge guilty of drunken driving requests retirement
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- Workshop in Guwahati accelerates outreach of bamboo products
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Choice of transport to workplace depends on where one lives
- Choice of transport to workplace depends on where one lives
- More than 50 hurt when Indiana school buses crash
- Mears Transportation Launches New State-of-The-Art Website
- Lake rail ticket machines hit by thieves
- Anthony Foxx coasts through hearing to take wheel at Transportation
- Where Greuel went wrong
- Austerity IMF 1 Osborne 0 | Editorial
- Mali Prospects for Improved Human Rights
- Despite reforms Myanmars ethnic violence continues
- St. Paul More LGA is a license to save not to spend Pioneer Press editorial
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Travel Trade headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Cleanliness drive in Kashmir provide impetus to tourism
- Forum for 2013 Sanya Tourism held in Yalong Bay
- Memorial Day travel dip predicted as flier frustration mounts
- TSAs small-knife policy sparks bipartisan outrage