After dinner and a walk around their Viking River Cruises ship on Russia’s Volga River last May, Charles and Cecilia Ford went back to their cabin. Charles, 82, was in a good mood, his wife said, cracking jokes and singing during their walk. But he also was battling a cough, which grew worse in the night, and his breathing became increasingly labored. By morning, he had died. A year ...
On April 1 - the first day that tickets went on sale for Tall Ships Duluth 2013, July 25-29 - every single ticket for the two-hour day sails on these old beauties had been sold. Latecomers (by which I mean the lazy folks who logged on for tickets on April 2) had to content themselves with dock or onboard tours. Fortunately for fans of old-time wooden ships (and their modern-day reproductions), ...
In the early 1980s, when I was a fifth-grader at Jefferson Elementary School, in a small town in Minnesota, our teacher, Mr. Odegaard, asked us if we wanted to see something. We did. So he took us down a little-used stairway, through a door and into a tunnel beneath our school. He flicked on the lights. The sound of our shuffling feet echoed down a long, dark corridor. "The walls down here ...
The ancient art of mosaics thrives in Ravenna, the Italian city known for the art form. A master's five-day crash course teaches the technique to ...
The woman in the wheelchair and headphones is watching pictures go by and hearing a narrator speak about a place and a moment long ago. On the screen a typewritten love letter appears and as the words scroll down, you can imagine the woman when she first laid eyes on those words. It was 80 years ago in Pampa, Texas, when Mary Jennings, then 16, succumbed to the sweet words and married Woody ...
Winds: From the SE at 7 MPH
One Night at McCool's
In One Night at McCool's, Liv Tyler plays Jewel, a curvaceous bombshell scam artist who wraps a trio of idiotic men around her finger, proving what seems to be the movie's only point: Men think with the wrong head. Despite being at various stations in life, none of the men here are strong enough to resist Jewel's wiles, even when it becomes plainly obvious that she is bad news in every way ... ...
As more countries propose legislation to legalize same-sex marriage, as Minnesota just did, destinations and travel companies are increasingly marketing themselves to gay travelers. But John Tanzella, president of the International Gay and Lesbian Travel Association, warned that not all those who talk the talk necessarily walk the walk. "Let’s say a hotel is doing an ad campaign, but ...
Q: I'm trying to help my sister get a refund on her daughter's nonrefundable airline ticket. Her daughter went to Spain in January as an exchange student. Her return was scheduled for May 29. When my sister, her husband and son went to Spain to visit her, my brother-in-law was rushed to the hospital. He was hospitalized for over a week until he was stable enough to fly back to Boston. ...
Starwood has just unveiled the renovated Prince de Galles on Avenue George V in Paris. The Art Deco hotel, close to the Champs-Elyses, has been closed for two years ...
Ben Ross is Head of Travel at The Independent. He has worked for the paper for over a decade, and began reporting on travel in 2001. Before joining the travel desk full time, he ran The Independent's special projects department. He started his journalistic career at the BBC working for its commercial arm, BBC ...
The number of hotel rooms in Fujairah is expected to double to 1,600 this year. Above, the Hotel JAL Fujairah Resort and Spa. Randi Sokoloff / The ...
They Said It
He is the most evil, vile, demonic criminal. He is dead to me. There will be no visits, there will be no phone calls. He can never be Daddy again. I have no sympathy for the man.
Gregg was speaking about her father Ariel Castro who allegedly kidnapped, raped and held captive for a decade, three young women in Cleveland, Ohio.
Hilton Waikoloa Village Resort
Tropical gardens, salt water lagoons, exotic wildlife, two championship golf courses, a full service health spa, eight tennis courts, racquetball, ...Keep reading
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak, who is 84, is being retried in Cairo. Do you believe this is a good thing?
Travel TradeTravel Trade | Tourism & Travel News
Breaking news from the world of Travel and Tourism. This online newspaper has an extended scope, mainly focused on the trade. Topics include employment in the travel industry, launching of new flights or routes by airlines, planned hotel constructions, trends in the cruise industry, popularity of particular destinations and where tourists are headed. Also provides travel advisories, and government warnings on travel restrictions.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites such as tourism and travel periodicals, general media, and travel Web sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Travel and Tourism trade news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of travel & tourism industry news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Travel and Tourism trade website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
The Kashmir Festival 2013, a major initiative to promote tourism in Jammu and Kashmir, will be held for a fortnight from today at different places in the state.
The Union Ministry of Tourism is providing financial support for the festival, while the Jammu and Kashmir Tourism Department has organised events at various venues.
In Srinagar, the main venue for the event is Kashmir Haat where the festival will be inaugurated today by Ghulam Ahmad Mir, Minister for Tourism, Jammu and Kashmir.
At the Kashmir Haat, stalls have been set-up for display of handicraft, handloom, agro products etc, while the traditional cuisine (Wazwaan) would also be available for visitors. Daily cultural programmes will also be organized for the entertainment of visitors.
Apart from Srinagar, events are also slated at th tourist resorts of Pahalgam, Gulmarg, Sonamarg, Yousmarg, Verinag, Kokernag, Daksum, Aharabal and Manasbal, with a special Qawali programme by Aslam Sabri and Party at the Sher-i-Kashmir International Conference Centre ( SKICC) in Srinagar on the May 15, as one of the highlights.
Other main events of the festival include a Jhelum River cruise, a Shikara race on Dal Lake, photography exhibition at the SKICC, a painting competition at the Nigeen Club/Martand Sun Temple, a golf championship at the Kashmir Golf Course, a polo match at Sonamarg, horse races at various resorts, adventure activities such as cycle races, roller skating, para-gliding, trekking expeditions, rafting competition and all terrain vehicle demonstrations etc. ...
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- Three years on memories of crash of Air Indias Dubai flight still haunt
- US Airways jet forced to make belly landing at Newark airport
- Algeria pilots strike grounds national carrier
- An AvGeek Look at YWG Winnipeg
- Binge eating and gambling classified as mental disorders in new book
- How IRS controversy could shape Obamas legacy
- Playing Russian Roulette With a Volcano
- Online gambling in Deadwood
- Vilma Santos Being first woman mayor governor is legacy enough
- Pak team management players calling for retirement of nothing left to offer Afridi
- Tech fair broadens and brightens seniors world
- David Beckham captains PSG in his final match before retirement
- Cannes 2013 Festival taps into the power of nostalgia to fight back against global competition
- Tanzania Pension Funds Stable Assures Jk
- Bangladesh garment factories reopen within days of shutdown
- Obama Turns Focus on Middle-Class Jobs
- Hydro projects in Spiti top priority Virbhadra Singh
- How to Hire Great Employees
- Heart surgeon works on trial presents for Verve Medical
- Nippon Airways reports minor incident on modified Dreamliner
- 60 hurt as US trains collide New York-Boston corridor closed
- 22 injured four seriously as trains collide in Connecticut
- Commuter trains collide in U.S. Northeast sending 70 to hospitals including three critical
- Tips and deals of the week Prince de Galles hotel Where Chefs Eat app and East Coast Trains offer
- Counterpoint Home care workers in Minnesota deserve a union vote
- A northern Minnesota tale The orchid and the otter
- Sturdevant Tax reform in Minnesota Some other year perhaps
- Minneapolis schools chief deserves support in driving change
- Vikings stadium design Dog days are over. Darth days ahead
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Travel Trade headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Cruise passengers who get sick sometimes face tough road
- Tall ships to sail to Duluth again this summer
- Cold War era sites feature weapons of mass attraction
- Piecing together the art of mosaics in Italy
- Woody Guthrie Center opens in Tulsa Okla.