Hollywood actor Jesse Eisenberg, who plays a magician in forthcoming film "Now You See My", says he imbibed the confidence to perform from his talented mother. "My mother was like a hippy clown. She did folk songs at children parties. She was like a great performer and I grew up in a house of somebody who was like a confident performer. She was really great in front of an audience and my ...
Hollywood actor Jesse Eisenberg says he got confidence to perform the tricks of an illusionist in his forthcoming film "Now You See Me" by watching his mother. "My mother was like a hippy clown. She did folk songs at children parties. She was like a great performer and I grew up in a house of somebody who was like a confident performer. She was really great in front of an audience and my ...
Chinese artist and dissident Ai Weiwei has released an expletive-ridden heavy metal music video criticising abuses of state power in China. The track, given the English-language title 'Dumbass', reconstructs his 81-day detention in 2011, including what he says is an exact model of his cell, reports BBC News. The video shows impassive prison guards accompanying Ai as he eats, sleeps, showers ...
Rediff.com, one of the premier online providers of news, information, communication, entertainment and shopping services to Indians worldwide, has announced results for its fourth quarter and fiscal year ended March 31, 2013. Fourth-quarter revenue in the Company's core business, India Advertising, grew 9 percent compared to the third fiscal quarter. This is the third consecutive quarter that ...
Singer Madonna remembers meeting her fan Kim Kardashian when the reality TV star was a kid. In fact, the 54-year-old singer even gave Kim her accessories as souvenir, reports dailystar.co.uk. "I met her years ago when she was a little girl, believe it or not. She told me she was a huge fan, and it was during the time I was wearing all of the rubber bracelets on my arms," said Madonna. "I took ...
Winds: From the Variable at 2 MPH
Event Horizon [DVD]
Event Horizon is a thoroughly calculated and, for the most part, masterfully executed horror film. Nearly every scene is specifically designed to elicit some kind of unpleasant feeling, whether that be jump-in-your-seat shock, gnawing fear, stomach-churning suspense, ... ...
Dannii Minogue has revealed that she felt less confident in the public eye after her sister Kylie rose to fame. She told Ponystep Magazine that she was able to deal with it when she was younger but noticed that it influenced how she conducted herself as she got older. The 41-year-old singer said that it was strange, as she used to hear comments like she was fat or she is the ugly-ass ...
Singer Jennifer Lopez has teamed up with Verizon Wireless for the launch of Viva Mvil, a shopping tool designed with Latino consumers in mind. "This new company is here to revolutionise the entire mobile experience for Latinos," eonline.com quoted Lopez as saying. "There's no specific place for Latinos to be specifically catered to. We will continuously evolve the wireless shopping experience ...
Singer Ricky Martin called Wednesday in a letter sent to the Puerto Rican House of Representatives for the legislative body to approve a bill which would prohibit discrimination due to sexual orientation on the island. The letter, which was released by Martin's representatives in San Juan, was made public at a time when the bill has run into opposition by a group of lawmakers in the lower ...
Hollywood star Steven Seagal spent some time with Ramzan Kadyrov, the former militant fighter who now heads Chechnya, in the latest in a series of visits by Western celebrities to the volatile Russian republic. "The famous American actor, film producer, writer, director and martial arts expert (seventh dan aikido) Steven Seagal visited our republic today (Wednesday)," Kadyrov wrote on ...
Actress Kristen Stewart was reportedly nursing her broken heart by spending an entire day at singer Taylor Swift's house here. Stewart, 22, is once again going through a rough patch in her relationship with Robert Pattinson after he moved out of their love nest. It is said that he caught the actress' messages to director Rupert Sanders, with whom she had a fling in July last year. Stewart was ...
They Said It
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Travel TradeTravel Trade | Tourism & Travel News
Breaking news from the world of Travel and Tourism. This online newspaper has an extended scope, mainly focused on the trade. Topics include employment in the travel industry, launching of new flights or routes by airlines, planned hotel constructions, trends in the cruise industry, popularity of particular destinations and where tourists are headed. Also provides travel advisories, and government warnings on travel restrictions.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites such as tourism and travel periodicals, general media, and travel Web sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Travel and Tourism trade news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of travel & tourism industry news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Travel and Tourism trade website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Indian golfer Sharmila Nicollet is raring to go at the Deloitte Ladies Open after her recent success at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open at Antalya, where she finished tied 17th.
Sharmila, the only Indian at the Ladies European Tour (LET), is playing in the prestigious tour for a second successive year and will compete against some of the top lady golfers in the world. The 250,000 euro tournament will be played at The International golf course here May 24-26.
Sharmila is keen to continue the good run and consolidate her position as one of the most promising young golfers in India. She has been in good form this season winning one tournament of the three she played at the Hero Women's Professional Golf Tour.
"The Deloitte Ladies Open is one of the most prestigious tournaments in the LET and I am very excited to play in it. This year it will be played at the magnificent The International, which has been termed as a very challenging course with innovative water hazards and other challenges. My performance at the Turkish Airlines Ladies Open has been a real morale booster and I am confident of continuing my good run this weekend," said Sharmila.
The Deloitte Ladies Open has grown into one of the most popular stops on the LET. ...
- Indian flight attendant jailed in Dubai
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- Boeing Seeks Certification for 747-8 Performance Improvement Package
- United Airlines Re-Inaugurates 787 Dreamliner Flights
- AMRs Corporate Responsibility Report Highlights Progress In 2012
- New Need For Speed to hit PS4 Xbox One this year
- Yahoos at it again with gaming platform acquisition
- Big Fish Games widens streaming sphere
- IPL is den of gambling Yashwant Sinha
- GambleID™ Approved by the Nevada Gaming Control Board for Interactive Gaming License Focusing on Patron Identification ...
- Italy has lowest graduate share in Europe
- COLUMN-Hallelujahs ring after IRS reverses church pension rule
- Before Midnight Jesse And Celine Are Older Now And So Are We
- Li Ka-shing has no worries after retirement
- Seniors face loss of home due to grow op conviction
- US Senate panel clears key immigration reform bill
- US delegation to urge labour reforms in Bangladesh
- ESPN lays offs some of its employees to control costsAmendedESPN EmployeeUpdate
- ESPN layoffs hundreds of employees as TV rights fees rise Re-issue with correction
- Ford to close manufacturing operations in Australia slash 1200 jobs
- Full Statement from Ministry of Defence in response to death of Drummer Lee Rigby
- Canadian Pacifics VP Marketing Sales Energy and Merchandise to address Global Transportation Conference
- Four Carriers to Launch China-Taiwan-Australia Service in June
- Warmer weather set to return for Bank Holiday weekend...but its hardly a scorcher
- Levi named new ND state transportation director
- Russias Middle Class Is Prosperous but Powerless
- A deeply disturbing attack on me
- Response to Hungary is a Test for the EU
- Patrick Chappatte Computer Piracy
- Globe Editorial Note to politicians Stop blaming the media for your problems
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Travel Trade headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- Golfer Sharmila set for Deloitte Ladies Open
- Florida fun outside the theme parks
- Behind the scenes of Universal Orlando
- Consumer Reports ranks best and worst airlines