A rise in spending by overseas tourists and growing dairy exports helped New Zealand's current account deficit fall by 300 million NZ dollars ($239.48 million) to 2.2 billion NZ dollars in the quarter ending March, the government statistics agency announced Wednesday."Visitors to New Zealand spent more this quarter," Statistics New Zealand acting balance of payments manager ...
Nepal Airlines Corporation (NAC) finally looks like it is buying planes to expand its skeleton fleet again, after each of its past purchase plans ended in disaster. The national flag carrier signed a 10 billion Nepalese rupees (US$106 million) loan agreement with the Employees' Provident Fund (EPF) on Tuesday to buy two Airbus aircraft it has been eyeing for a long time. With the loan ...
Washington, D.C. - The Aviation Subcommittee of the Senate Commerce, Science and Technology Committee at a hearing on Wednesday, June 19, 2013, will discuss issues regarding the proposed merger of US Airways and American Airlines. Once considered a slam dunk for approval, this merger is now facing questions about competition and its effect on consumers. "There are no benefits to this ...
SEATTLE (AP) -- An indication of an oil filter problem prompted the crew of a Boeing 787 flying from Denver to Tokyo to divert to Seattle-Tacoma International Airport on Tuesday afternoon, a United ...
Tourism in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park for this May was up 10.5 percent compared to last year. Almost 900,000 people visited the park this May, which is the highest number for the month of May on record. However, visitation for the January through May period is almost six percent below average this ...
Winds: From the Variable at 7 MPH
The Secret of the Grain (La graine et le mulet) [DVD]
A big winner on both the international film festival circuit (it won a Special Jury Prize at Venice) and at the Csars (the French equivalent of the Oscars), where it won four awards including Best Picture, actor-turned-director Abdellatif Kechiches third film The Secr ... ...
Hundreds of foreign service officers walks out of Department of Foreign Affairs headquarters June 06, 2013 in Ottawa. (Dave Chan for The Globe and ...
The Ethiopian Airlines, one of the fastest growing airliners in Africa, on Tuesday launched its new destination to Seoul, South Korea. The inaugural flight to Seoul coincides with the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Ethiopia and South Korea. The Ethiopian Airlines made the inaugural flight with Boeing 787 Dreamliner to Incheon International Airport in ...
United just announced it is joining Delta in adding spending minimums to its elite frequent flier program in addition to mileage. Photo: Wikipedia Earlier this ...
United Airlines Becomes North American Launch Customer for Boeing 787-10 as It Increases Dreamliner Order to 65
United Airlines (NYSE: UAL) today increased its 787 Dreamliner order to 65 aircraft (including six previously delivered aircraft) with an order for 20 787-10s. United is the North American launch customer for the 787-10 and it expects delivery of its first aircraft in 2018. United ordered 10 incremental 787-10 aircraft and will convert 10 existing 787s on order to 787-10s, enabling the airline ...
Key industry body’s are satisfied the AU$130 million allocated to Destination NSW in the 2013-14 NSW budget will boost the state’s visitor economy and encourage future opportunities. Leaders from both the Tourism Industry Council NSW and the Tourism & Transport Forum (TTF) have expressed their support for the level of funding the state has received and the ways in which these ...
They Said It
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Stamford Sydney Airport, Australia
The Stamford is the most imposing, and the highest rating of the Sydney Airport hotels. Neighbouring the domestic terminals are ...Keep reading
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Travel TradeTravel Trade | Tourism & Travel News
Breaking news from the world of Travel and Tourism. This online newspaper has an extended scope, mainly focused on the trade. Topics include employment in the travel industry, launching of new flights or routes by airlines, planned hotel constructions, trends in the cruise industry, popularity of particular destinations and where tourists are headed. Also provides travel advisories, and government warnings on travel restrictions.
In addition to our own resources, we take news from contracted wire services. We also spider external news sites such as tourism and travel periodicals, general media, and travel Web sites on an hourly basis, 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure our news is continually updated and refreshed.
For parties that require Travel and Tourism trade news headlines on their Web site we are happy to oblige, and have provided RSS feeds for this purpose. For readers wanting a daily email update of travel & tourism industry news delivered to their inbox, we provide this service on a daily basis, and it is complimentary.
We welcome your feedback. If you have any comments or suggestions about the Travel and Tourism trade website please forward them by using our Contact Us form.
Passengers of American Airlines have chosen Marilyn Monroe as their dream flight attendant and George Clooney as the ideal pilot, in a survey.
Monroe was voted the first-choice fantasy flight attendant with 22 per cent of the overall votes, followed by Audrey Hepburn at 20 per cent, News.com.au reported.
The survey was done in two categories - Hollywood's golden age and the modern-day era.
For the recent times Jennifer Aniston grabbed the top position with just over 18 per cent of the vote, followed by Kate Middleton and Angelina Jolie.
Pippa Middleton and Beyonce tied for the fourth place with around 11 per cent of votes.
In the pilot's category, George Clooney topped the list with 22.5 per cent votes followed by Prince Harry with 21.4 per cent. (ANI)
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Leasing firm CIT orders 30 Boeing planes in $3bn deal
- Boeing wins order for 30 new-generation 737 jets
- United 787 Diverted Due To Oil Filter Issue
- Libyas democratic transition can benefit from national political dialogue says UN envoy
- South Australian Liberals accused of jeopardising Skycity Adelaide Casino expansion
- Guards shouldn’t apprehend a shooter Wisconsin casinos say www.priavteofficer.com
- Little harm reduction evident in gambling bill
- Gaming reforms fail to tackle problem gambling
- Community radio reporters acting as climate change communication agents in Central India
- Parenting and home environment can influence kids health
- Over 100 Chinese held for environmental pollution
- UNESCO inscribes East Rennell of Solomon Islands on list of world heritage in danger
- Worlds poorest will feel brunt of climate change warns World Bank
- Older males make better fathers
- General Motors recalls 231000 SUVs over fire risk
- Chidambaram for mobilsation of resources from insurance and pension sector for IDFs
- Women want younger men while dating online
- SSNIT Pensioners to benefit from Medical Fund
- 50pc fashion industry workers unhappy with jobs
- Emphasis will be on imparting skill development Shish Ram Ola
- Sacramento gains 200 new jobs in mortgage industry
- Combat jobs open to women by 16
- Mass jobs losses as Greek state broadcaster ordered to reopen
- Widespread anti-graft protests rock Brazil
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Japan promotes eco-friendly transportation
- Buses ignite spontaneously in C China
- Record 1300 people assembled at BRPs Can-Am Spyder owners event in North Carolina - The largest BRP-sponsored Spyder gathering since its launch 6 years ago
- My view People deserve rights at our borders
- Letters Act on Alzheimers
- In our opinion New leader in Iran but changes not likely to come overnight
- Stalking The Elusive Worthy Apricot
- Ugly EBT truth wins out
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Travel Trade headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Dairy exports tourism help drive down New Zealand current account deficit
- Nepal Airlines Corp signs US$106m loan with EPF to buy two jets
- American Airlines-US Air merger denounced as “merger of convenience” and anti-consumer
- Tokyo-bound Boeing 787 Dreamliner diverted to Seattle
- May tourism up in the Smokies